Self-care is your chance to rejuvenate, to relax, or just be you without anyone else expecting anything from you.
Its time to stop saying “I’m too tired for self care today.”
A popular meme going around these days is “Self-Care isn’t selfish” and it isn’t. For some it is totally necessary and others can skate by for a while and then suddenly, Bam! Your body demands you stop and take care of yourself one way or another.
Hopefully, your self-care is by choice rather than requirement for health reasons. If you let yourself go too long, you pay the price with your health, mobility and ability to do things.
Self Care Isn’t Selfish
Benefits of Pampering:
- Helps lift depression because you are telling yourself ‘I am worth it!”
- Healthier body
- Nicer skin
- Clear mind
- Solid intentions
- Strong relationships
- Better communities
- Builds friendships
- Contributes to positive outlook
- Increases self esteem
- Improved self-awareness
- Improves focus and concentration
- Boosts immune system
- You discover who you really are!
- Increase productivity
Here are some suggestions to get you started - What will you do today?
Need some ideas?
- Take a warm mineral bath for at least 20 minutes. Soak in Epsom salts or other soothing bath blends to help ease aches, pains and put your anxiety to rest.
- Try meditation – even five minutes will improve your mental outlook. No one expects you to meditate like a Buddhist Guru. Just try to settle your mind for a few minutes. Concentrate on your breathing – Try the CALM app on your phone to grab short sessions throughout your day.
- Do something creative – from painting, knitting, cooking, sculpting, photography, writing, dance there are so many options for creative outlets. Take a class in stained glass, basket weaving or pottery, gardening – make new friends – learn new things!
- Get Outside and Move – go on a hike or at least a walk around your neighborhood. Take your phone with you so you can snap pictures of interesting things you see and notice. If it’s not possible to get outside, exercise indoors. There are many yoga classes or fitness classes you can stream online so you don’t feel so alone, unless you want to, of course!
- Look closely at your diet – be honest with yourself. How can your diet be improved? Do you need to take any supplements? Drink more water?
The ways you can practice taking care of yourself are endless
It is all about knowing who you are and your limits. Set boundaries and don’t be afraid to let people know where those boundaries are.
Start with Self Care Sundays – make time every Sunday to do something special for you. An at home facial, a foot soak, spa treatments or just curl up with a good book for 30 minutes.
Go boost your happiness level. If anyone asks what you’re doing you can tell them “I am practicing self-care.”
You will feel better, which leads to you doing better so you can be better for yourself and those around you.
Feel Better, Do Better, Be Better!
And now for the shameless plug:
Visit our shop for some amazing natural products that promote healthy skin and surround you with pampered luxury while you do it.
We have products that cover you from head to toe – Shampoo and conditioner for wonderful hair to Foot Scrubby Soaps that are the cutest things!
Body Butter Creme is a great place to start learning about our products. Hop over to the shop and pick up something for your Sunday Self-Care Routine.
Follow Us on Facebook
On Instagram at Healthyandhydrated1
Get skin care and lifestyle tips hints, stories and more
Join our mailing list to Get VIP Perks like:
20% discount anytime
Dibs on new products before the public
See behind the scenes
Have a say in new product development
Free samples with every order
Some items sell out before the public even knows they are available!
Therefore, make sure you join the list. Use the code sent to you to unlock your VIP Perks.
We never spam, sell or share our list, and you can easily unsubscribe any time.
Fill Out The Form Below To Join